Each panel is made from five main components, individually chosen for their quality and performance.
All the materials we use are either made in the UK, reducing the environmental impact of transportation, or sourced from UK suppliers, supporting local businesses.
Working from the exterior of your building inwards, the layers in each panel are:
- Exterior membrane – weatherproof and breathable
- Exterior board – insulating and breathable
- I-beam frame – rigid panel core
- Insulation filling
- Vapour-barrier board – airtight moisture management
Two other important components are special airtightness tapes and adhesive. You’ll find more details about each of the components below.
How your panels are made
- We connect I-beams to create the core of the frame, typically spaced at 600mm centres.
- The exterior board is then affixed to one face of the frame
- We fit the exterior membrane to the exterior board
- The panel’s turned over and we affix the interior vapour-barrier board
- We seal the joints and membrane edges with airtightness tapes and adhesive
- Battens are attached to the interior vapour-barrier board, creating the service cavity for your plumbing pipes and electrics. Later on, your plasterer will affix plasterboard to these.
- I-beam manufactured in the UK
- Strong environmental credentials
- Engineered for strength & rigidity
- Certified to PEFC Chain of Custody standard
Metsä Wood’s King’s Lynn factory has the certified PEFC™ (16-37-006) Chain of Custody, the FSC® (C002779) Chain of Custody as well as certified quality (ISO 9001), environmental (ISO 14001) and OHSAS 18001 management
systems in place.
The factory also fulfils the obligations of European Union Regulation No. 995/2010 (EU Timber Regulation), which prohibits the placing and trading of illegally harvested timber and timber products on the market.
As all wood raw material is covered by PEFC Chain of Custody certification, Metsä Wood knows the origin of all the wood it uses.
- Locally sourced from Cumbria-based UK supplier
- Biologically harmless
- Environmentally-friendly manufacturing
- Superb regulation of humidity
- Locally-sourced from a Cumbria-based UK supplier
- Strong board with tightly jointed insulation
Gutex insulation boards are manufactured from raw material obtained from forests in the Black Forest, where only sustained forestry practices are employed.
The company’s quality and environmental protection management system is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001, ISO 14001 AND EMAS 11 (EU Eco Audit Ordinance).
- Highly airtight board
- Factory-fitted vapour control layer
- Sourced from UK-based supplier
- UK-based company
- High U-value
- Extremely environmentally friendly
- Fire resistant & sound insulation
- Tescon Vana tested for 100 years’ adhesion
- Airtight bonds
- Orcon F permanently flexible for reliable adhesion